no$sns (c) Martin Korth
nocash SNES/SFC emulator/debugger for windows
If you like the program, please donate a few dollars,
this will help me to continue to work on emulation projects.
For getting started, here are some notes on emulation/debugging controls, BIOS files, and ROM-Image formats for NSS and SFC-Box cartridges.
- The program is 100% assembler code. Accuracy should be quite high (if not: bug are reports welcome).
- Controllers: 1-2 Joypads, Multitap, Mouse, Lightguns (via mouse), NTT Data Pad, X-Band Keyboard, Twin Tap's, Barcode Battler, Pachinko Dial, Exertainment Bike
- Coprocessors: SA-1, GSU, DSP, ST010/11, CX4, OBC1, S-DD1, SPC7110, S-RTC, RTC-4513, SFC-Box, NSS arcade cabinet
- Add-ons: Satellaview, Turbofile (TFII and STF)
- Debugger: Assembler, Disassembler, Xboo-Upload Function (for testing code on real SNES).
- Requirements: Win95 and up, around 8MB RAM, around 200MHz (tested)
(on 1GHz computers, most games can run 5-10 times faster as on real hardware).
- Interlace Mode (vertical hires) isn't yet supported (used only by 3 games or so)
- Offset-Per-Tile Mode isn't yet supported (used by Starfox... and probably by some further games...?)
- GUIs of Copiers and Cheat Devices should be working (but without actually emulating FDDs or Patches)
- ST018 isn't yet supported
- Magic Floor - a small search game (includes sample source code for A22i-assembler and Xboo-Upload)
SNES Hardware Specs
Below are some test programs for confirming some still unknown details
of the NSS and SFC-Box hardware. If you do own one of that consoles
(and an EPROM burner): would be great if you could send screenshots (photos)
of the test results! Usage: Burn the binary to EPROM, remove the original
BIOS from mainboard, and replace it by the test program.
- kromtest.zip - Super Famicom Box (Hotel Box) Test Program.
- nss-test.zip - Nintendo Super System (Arcade Cabinet) Test Program.